Ruby Rounds embodies a marriage of vintage Americana with the aesthetics of the Golden Age of Mexican Cinema in her Latin-inspired classic burlesque. Using her background in performing Mexican folk dance, Baile Folklorico, Ruby weaves storytelling with dance to pay homage to the legacy of Latina performers of the mid-century.
Ruby was crowned Princess of the 2016 Heavy Rebel Weekender Music & Burlesque Festival and her cheeky take on classic burlesque won her the title “Most Comedic” at Edmonton Burlesque Festival‘s Burlesque Bunny Competition 2015.
- Heavy Rebel Weekender, Winston-Salem, North Carolina, Crowned “Princess”
- Edmonton Burlesque Festival, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada, Awarded Title “Most Comedic”
- The Roux: A Spicy Brown Festival, New Orleans, Louisiana
- ABurlyQ Burlesque and Sideshow Spectacular, Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Calgary International Burlesque Festival, Calgary, Alberta, Canada
- Oregon Burlesque Festival, Portland, Oregon
- Southern Fried Burlesque Fest, Atlanta, Georgia
- Portland Pride Festival 2014, produced by Pride Northwest, Portland, Oregon
- Vanity’s Vaudeville Vixens at GEAR Con, produced by Vanity Thorn, Portland, Oregon